The Ottawa Citizen covers the decision being faced by the University of Ottawa and Carleton University over whether to sign the Access Copyright model licence.
Archive for June, 2012
fbprivacy Appeared in the Toronto Star on June 3, 2012 as Strong Laws Needed to Curb Facebook The House of Commons Committee on Ethics, Accountability and Privacy recently launched a major new study into the privacy concerns raised by popular social media sites. The study promises to canvass a wide […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 186: Andy Kaplan-Myrth on the CRTC’s Last Ditch Attempt to Fix Canada’s Internet Competition Problem
- On Media Bailouts and Bias: Why Government Media Policy Is Undermining Public Trust
- Canadian Government Quietly Backs Down on its Implementation Plans for a Digital Services Tax
- Bill C-18 Bailout: Government Announces Plans to Pay For 35% of Journalist Costs for News Outlets as It More Than Doubles Tax Credit Per Employee
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 185: Bill C-11 at the CRTC – A Preview of the Upcoming Online Streaming Act Hearing