A blog reader posts another C-61 mashup titled "They Haven't Waited for the DMCA."
“They Haven’t Waited for the DMCA”
July 31, 2008
Tags: angus / c-61 / copyright / Copyright Canada / copyright for canadians / dmca / prentice
Share this post
Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
March 20, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 6, 2023
February 27, 2023
Episode 156: Senator Paula Simons on Why the Government Should Accept the Senate’s Bill C-11 Fix on User Content Regulation
February 13, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Biden Visit to Canada: Why Digital Policy is Emerging as a Serious Trade Tension
- The Government’s Fishing Expedition: Why the Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous Precedent For Those Who Dare to Oppose Legislation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Warns on Government-Backed Bill C-18 Motion: “A Serious Threat to the Privacy of Canadians”
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
- Government-Backed Motion Demands Disclosure of Years of Third-Party Communications With Google and Facebook in Retribution for Opposing Bill C-18
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
this whole idea of the C-61 copyright bill/DMCA is extremely hurtful for students/teachers who rely on other media outlets for learning purposes.
thank you for posting this, Michael.
… that this should provide an example of overly restrictive distribution. It refuses to download via “unsupported browsers”- which apparently includes the latest Firefox and the latest Opera. Only IE perhaps? Can you say “clueless”?
Just used Firefox 3.0.1 and downloaded the mashup with no problem.
Downloaded the mix from mediafire using Opera, with no problem.
There is also a mirror on stashbox.org, in the original comment:
[ link ]
Maybe that site can work in your case.