The University of Ottawa's Centre for Law, Technology and Society is proud to announce its launch conference, scheduled for Friday, March 5th. Featuring a keynote address from Professor Yochai Benkler of Harvard Law School, the event also includes panels on mapping, open government, and social networks. There is a modest charge for attending, which includes lunch and a reception following the conference. Admission for students is free. Learn more – and register – here.
Taking Stock of Tech: Reflections on Law, Technology and Society
February 16, 2010
Share this post
Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
March 20, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 6, 2023
February 27, 2023
Episode 156: Senator Paula Simons on Why the Government Should Accept the Senate’s Bill C-11 Fix on User Content Regulation
February 13, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 161: Canadian Chamber of Commerce President Perrin Beatty on Why the Government’s Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous, Undemocratic Precedent
- The Biden Visit to Canada: Why Digital Policy is Emerging as a Serious Trade Tension
- The Government’s Fishing Expedition: Why the Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous Precedent For Those Who Dare to Oppose Legislation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Warns on Government-Backed Bill C-18 Motion: “A Serious Threat to the Privacy of Canadians”
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
Can I stream it live, for free? Or is there a value assessment attached to the $50 entrance fee?
Another stream request
Will it be available via the net or on some cable channel that Rogers/Shaw etc have.. ie: broadcast time and channel or website address link.
Hi, thank you very much. good job.
Ah struck&white. Nice to see you have taken the roll of MG Blog troll from “Bob Morris”. I wish you great success in your endeavour to be this site’s #1 waste by-product while destroying your credibility.