The Canadian Federation of Students have launched a new video calling on students across the country to support the fight for fair copyright. A French-language version is also available.
Archive for May 28th, 2010
The Windsor Star features a masthead editorial on C-29, the privacy reform bill introduced this week. The Star calls for changes, concluding "Clement needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with legislation that puts the interests of consumers first."
Facebook has asked a Quebec court to enforce an $843 million spam judgment it obtained in a California court against Montreal's Adam Guerbuez.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App