Earlier this month, CIGI posted my essay contribution to its series on data governance in the digital age. Data Rules in Modern Trade Agreements: Toward Reconciling an Open Internet with Privacy and Security Safeguards focuses on the policy challenges associated with including data provisions in trade agreements such as the TPP and NAFTA. I also sat down with CIGI for a short video on the essay. It is embedded below.
Episode 71: Minister Navdeep Bains on Canada's New Privacy Bill
by Michael Geist
November 9, 2020
Episode 68: Mike Pal on What the Canadian Experience Teaches About the Intersection Between Election Law and the Internet
November 2, 2020
October 26, 2020
Search Results placeholder
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 7: Beware Bill C-10’s Unintended Consequences
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 6: The Beginning of the End of Canadian Broadcast Ownership and Control Requirements
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 5: The Narrow Exclusion of User Generated Content Services
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 4: Why Many News Sites Are Captured by Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 3: Minister Guilbeault Says Bill C-10 Contains Economic Thresholds That Limit Internet Regulation. It Doesn’t.