The CBC has asked Apple to remove a third party radio app that streams CBC radio. The comments stream feature an interesting discussion on both sides of the issue.
Archive for September 14th, 2011
Howard Knopf reports that the Copyright Board has set the timing for the hearing on extending the private copying levy to electronic memory cards. The hearing is set for October 2012.
The Union des ecrivaines et des ecrivains quebecois has joined several author groups in filing a lawsuit against several U.S. universities for digitizing orphan works (books out of print and the author cannot be located).
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology