The CBC has asked Apple to remove a third party radio app that streams CBC radio. The comments stream feature an interesting discussion on both sides of the issue.
Archive for September 14th, 2011
Howard Knopf reports that the Copyright Board has set the timing for the hearing on extending the private copying levy to electronic memory cards. The hearing is set for October 2012.
The Union des ecrivaines et des ecrivains quebecois has joined several author groups in filing a lawsuit against several U.S. universities for digitizing orphan works (books out of print and the author cannot be located).
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 101: OpenMedia’s Laura Tribe on Digital Policy and the 2021 Canadian Election
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 100: David Vaver With a Masterclass on Copyright and User Rights
- The Liberal Election Platform: Government Picks Internet Regulation Over Internet Affordability
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 99: “They Just Seemed Not to Listen to Any of Us” – Cynthia Khoo on the Canadian Government’s Online Harms Consultation
- The Conservative Election Platform: Freedom of Expression Commitment Tainted By Support for Payments for Links, Restrictions on Fair Dealing