The CBC has asked Apple to remove a third party radio app that streams CBC radio. The comments stream feature an interesting discussion on both sides of the issue.
Archive for September 14th, 2011
Howard Knopf reports that the Copyright Board has set the timing for the hearing on extending the private copying levy to electronic memory cards. The hearing is set for October 2012.
The Union des ecrivaines et des ecrivains quebecois has joined several author groups in filing a lawsuit against several U.S. universities for digitizing orphan works (books out of print and the author cannot be located).
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App