The CBC has asked Apple to remove a third party radio app that streams CBC radio. The comments stream feature an interesting discussion on both sides of the issue.
Archive for September 14th, 2011
Howard Knopf reports that the Copyright Board has set the timing for the hearing on extending the private copying levy to electronic memory cards. The hearing is set for October 2012.
The Union des ecrivaines et des ecrivains quebecois has joined several author groups in filing a lawsuit against several U.S. universities for digitizing orphan works (books out of print and the author cannot be located).
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 84: Dwayne Winseck and Ben Klass on Canada’s Wireless Woes
- Why the Liberals Have Become the Most Anti-Internet Government in Canadian History
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 83: Inside in the Industry Committee Hearing on the Proposed Rogers-Shaw Merger
- Registration for Extension: My Submission to the Copyright Term Extension Consultation
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 82: Jonathan Curtis on the CRTC’s Push to Block Botnets