The CBC has asked Apple to remove a third party radio app that streams CBC radio. The comments stream feature an interesting discussion on both sides of the issue.
Archive for September 14th, 2011
Howard Knopf reports that the Copyright Board has set the timing for the hearing on extending the private copying levy to electronic memory cards. The hearing is set for October 2012.
The Union des ecrivaines et des ecrivains quebecois has joined several author groups in filing a lawsuit against several U.S. universities for digitizing orphan works (books out of print and the author cannot be located).
- My CRTC Appearance on Bill C-11: Why Isn’t the Commission Concerned with Competition, Consumer Choice, and Affordability?
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 187: Jeff Elgie on What the Bill C-18 Deal With Google Means for the Future of the Canadian News Sector
- Skillful Negotiation or Legislative Fail? Taking Stock of the Bill C-18 Deal With Google
- Salvaging Bill C-18: Government Upends Legislation To Bring Google Onside the Online News Act
- Accountability and Antisemitism: The Canadian Heritage Committee Needs To Step Up