There has been lots of attention paid to the huge growth of the Fair Copyright for Canada Facebook group (now over 81,000 members), but it is worth noting how many people have taken the time to write the government and their MPs over the past two weeks. The Copyright for Canadians letter writing tool has been used over 9,000 times, while the Canadian Coalition for Electronic Rights has sent over 20,000 letters and now offers its letter wizard in both English and French.
Canadian DMCA Letter Writing Campaigns
June 26, 2008
Tags: c-61 / canadian dmca / ccer / copyright / Copyright Canada / copyright for canadians / letter writing / prentice
Share this post
Episode 169: Alissa Centivany and Anthony Rosborough on Repairing Canada’s Right to Repair
June 5, 2023
May 29, 2023
May 15, 2023
May 1, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Draft Bill C-11 Policy Direction: Canadian Heritage Implicitly Admits What It Spent Months Denying
- Tough Talk, Empty Answers: How Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez is Propelling Canada’s News Sector Toward the Bill C-18 Cliff
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 169: Alissa Centivany and Anthony Rosborough on Repairing Canada’s Right to Repair
- Meta to Test Blocking News Sharing on Facebook and Instagram in Canada in Response to Bill C-18’s Mandated Payments for Links
- Globe Publisher Calls Bill C-18 a “Threat to the Independence of Media” As Government Senate Representative Smears Bill Critics
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
Money talks and democracy fails.