The Wire Report covers Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore's "radical extremist" comment reporting that industry insiders advised that they "believe Moore was speaking out of frustration with the effectiveness of the copyright user lobby and that the comments were intended to discredit Geist and his supporters."
Archive for June 30th, 2010
Cory Doctorow bring the Canadian copyright experience to a UK audience with a Guardian opinion piece on C-32.
Several civil society organizations met with 21 ACTA negotiators earlier this week. They provide a full report on the meeting which includes an indication that patents may be removed from the border measures chapter, that the Internet chapter is here to stay, and they may need to change their domestic […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology
- What the Federal Court of Appeal Anti-Spam Law Case Means for the Interpretation of CASL