The Wire Report covers Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore's "radical extremist" comment reporting that industry insiders advised that they "believe Moore was speaking out of frustration with the effectiveness of the copyright user lobby and that the comments were intended to discredit Geist and his supporters."
Archive for June 30th, 2010
Cory Doctorow bring the Canadian copyright experience to a UK audience with a Guardian opinion piece on C-32.
Several civil society organizations met with 21 ACTA negotiators earlier this week. They provide a full report on the meeting which includes an indication that patents may be removed from the border measures chapter, that the Internet chapter is here to stay, and they may need to change their domestic […]
- Guilbeault’s Bogus Billion Dollar Claim: What the Data Actually Says About Canadian Film and TV Production
- “Get Money from Web Giants” Grows: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Government Working on a New Data Tax
- An Anti-Digital Agenda: Forget the Digital Policy Reboot, the Government Just Hit Delete Instead
- “Get Money From Web Giants”: Why Canadian Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault’s Top Legislative Priority is Risky Business
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda