The Wire Report covers Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore's "radical extremist" comment reporting that industry insiders advised that they "believe Moore was speaking out of frustration with the effectiveness of the copyright user lobby and that the comments were intended to discredit Geist and his supporters."
Archive for June 30th, 2010
Cory Doctorow bring the Canadian copyright experience to a UK audience with a Guardian opinion piece on C-32.
Several civil society organizations met with 21 ACTA negotiators earlier this week. They provide a full report on the meeting which includes an indication that patents may be removed from the border measures chapter, that the Internet chapter is here to stay, and they may need to change their domestic […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 74: Heidi Tworek on the Challenges of Internet Platform Regulation
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive