Government To Review Apple’s iBookstore Investment
September 7, 2010
Tags: apple / foreign investment / ibookstore / investment canada act / review
Share this post
Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
March 20, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 6, 2023
February 27, 2023
Episode 156: Senator Paula Simons on Why the Government Should Accept the Senate’s Bill C-11 Fix on User Content Regulation
February 13, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 161: Canadian Chamber of Commerce President Perrin Beatty on Why the Government’s Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous, Undemocratic Precedent
- The Biden Visit to Canada: Why Digital Policy is Emerging as a Serious Trade Tension
- The Government’s Fishing Expedition: Why the Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous Precedent For Those Who Dare to Oppose Legislation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Warns on Government-Backed Bill C-18 Motion: “A Serious Threat to the Privacy of Canadians”
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
That link will NOT open.
I think the URL is malformed.
What about ACTA scrutiny?
And what scrutiny is there over ACTA to ensure it does not hinder Canadian culture? Perhaps the government should talk to some artists and Canadian citizens!
And we wonder why services like Pandora got shut down. I wonder if the Canadian Netflix launch is going to get the same treatment? Can’t allow Canadians to stream all those American movies and TV shows Willy nilly now can we?
We live in a digital wasteland, run by politicians who would probably have a problem programming a VCR.
Now what is this can any body give me idea.
i love my iPad for reading. And i prefer iBoos over the Kindle app. But there’s still the issue, that no actual books are available. It’s even worse outside the US. Here the iBookstore has only the Gutenberg books, and that’s it. It’s a shame, because I would have bought quite a couple of books already, if they were available!
PS: I have some other good APPS from aneesoft want to recommend. Maybe someone will like it.