Exciting news today from Access Copyright and Creative Commons Canada as the two are joining forces to establish a public domain registry. The registry should assist in identifying works in the public domain in Canada and will be further supported by the Wikimedia Foundation to allow individuals to contribute to […]
Archive for March 3rd, 2006
The European Commission has announced that at least six million books, documents and other cultural works are to be put online and housed in the European Digital Library by 2010. The European Union's executive arm said it would help fund part of a network of digitization sites and study copyright […]
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Six: The Beginning of the End of Canadian Broadcast Ownership and Control Requirements
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Five: The Narrow Exclusion of User Generated Content Services
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Four: Why Many News Sites Are Captured by Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Three: Minister Guilbeault Says Bill C-10 Contains Economic Thresholds That Limit Internet Regulation. It Doesn’t.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Two: What the Government Doesn’t Say About Creating a “Level Playing Field”