Exciting news today from Access Copyright and Creative Commons Canada as the two are joining forces to establish a public domain registry. The registry should assist in identifying works in the public domain in Canada and will be further supported by the Wikimedia Foundation to allow individuals to contribute to […]
Archive for March 3rd, 2006
The European Commission has announced that at least six million books, documents and other cultural works are to be put online and housed in the European Digital Library by 2010. The European Union's executive arm said it would help fund part of a network of digitization sites and study copyright […]
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”