The Alberta government last week introduced Bill 20, which is designed to stop compelled disclosures of personal information under the USA Patriot Act. The bill creates fines of up to $500,000 for violating provincial laws governing disclosure of records. The fines arise for violation of the following provision: "A person […]
Archive for March 12th, 2006
As keepmusiccoming.com falls into the hands of a Russian download site and the French Parliament moves closer toward creating download penalties akin to traffic tickets, Nettwerk founder Terry McBride continues to push for sanity in North America. Check out his Save the Music Fan site, which includes his op-ed for […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 66: Ann Cavoukian on Why Canadians Can Trust the COVID Alert App
- Forget Link Licensing and Cross-Subsidies: When it Comes to Tech, Canada Should be Focused on Competition Law and Tax Policy
- How Can Linking to an Article be Immoral When the Media Source Itself Does the Posting?
- The Guilbeault Internet Plan: Leave it to the CRTC and Copyright Board of Canada to Get Money from Web Giants
- Four Million Downloads and Counting: Everyone Should Install the COVID Alert App