My weekly Law Bytes column (homepage version, Toronto Star version, international BBC version) examines the rise of the "clip culture" which has driven the remarkable growth of video sharing sites such as Youtube.com. The column highlights the different types of clips and discusses the legal and business implications that video sharing is beginning to generate.
Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada's Approach to Copyright Term Extension
May 2, 2022
April 25, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 4, 2022
March 28, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- No Comment: Government Moves to End Debate on Online News Bill Despite a No-Show from Canadian Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez
- Is the Government Seeking to Short Circuit the Senate Review of Bill C-11?
- CRTC Chair Confirms Bill C-11 Captures User Content, Will Take Years to Implement
- Is There Anything Less Convincing than CRTC Chair Ian Scott’s Empty Assurances on Bill C-11 User Content Regulation?
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part Two: This is “Minimal Market Intervention”?!