Tyler Hamilton at the Toronto Star is reporting that Toronto Hydro is set to announce plans for a city-wide municipal wifi initiative that could launch as soon as this fall. After months of watching similar developments occur in the U.S., it is great to see this come to Canada.
Archive for March 6th, 2006
Appeared in the Toronto Star on March 6, 2006 as China Fights U.S. On Internet Addresses There was a buzz in the Internet community last week after the People’ s Daily, widely regarded as the most influential newspaper in China, published an article in English announcing changes to that country’ […]
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”