Tyler Hamilton at the Toronto Star is reporting that Toronto Hydro is set to announce plans for a city-wide municipal wifi initiative that could launch as soon as this fall. After months of watching similar developments occur in the U.S., it is great to see this come to Canada.
Archive for March 6th, 2006
Appeared in the Toronto Star on March 6, 2006 as China Fights U.S. On Internet Addresses There was a buzz in the Internet community last week after the People’ s Daily, widely regarded as the most influential newspaper in China, published an article in English announcing changes to that country’ […]
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Six: The Beginning of the End of Canadian Broadcast Ownership and Control Requirements
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Five: The Narrow Exclusion of User Generated Content Services
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Four: Why Many News Sites Are Captured by Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Three: Minister Guilbeault Says Bill C-10 Contains Economic Thresholds That Limit Internet Regulation. It Doesn’t.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Two: What the Government Doesn’t Say About Creating a “Level Playing Field”