Wendy Grossman and Mathew Ingram both focus on blogging and defamation, with discussion of Crookes, Zeke's Gallery, and other Canadian incidents.
Archive for June 16th, 2007
A new cross-country survey finds that seven percent of Canadians say that they have been victimized by identity theft.
Sara Bannerman and IP Watch with updates on the development agenda talks, while Howard Knopf has coverage of the Canadian position leading into this week's Broadcast Treaty talks. Update: EFF features an excellent summary of the new WIPO Development Agenda.
- Where is Canada’s News Media Lobby Promoting Its Link Licensing Plan for Facebook? On Facebook
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 67: Tamir Israel on Facial Recognition Technologies at the Border
- Canadian News Media Lobby Group Calls for Creation of Government Digital Media Regulatory Agency
- How Can Linking to an Article be Immoral When the Media Source Itself Does the Posting, Part 2: A Day in the Life of the Toronto Star on Facebook
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 66: Ann Cavoukian on Why Canadians Can Trust the COVID Alert App