CNET is reporting a federal court in California has ordered TorrentSpy to create and maintain logs of user activity. The company is appealing the order.
Archive for June 8th, 2007
Don Bell, a Liberal MP, yesterday introduced Bill C-453, the Canadian Motion Picture Secretariat Act. The bill would create a new government-backed secretariat, comprised of industry officials, to provide the House of Commons with reports every six months on potential legislative reforms to support the industry.
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”