As expected, the government has placed the new copyright bill on the Notice Paper for next week. This confirms widespread rumours that Industry Minister Jim Prentice will introduce the Canadian DMCA next week, most likely on Tuesday.
Archive for December 7th, 2007
Jon Gordon's Future Tense program on American Public Media covers the Canadian DMCA story (MP3 version) .
Cory Doctorow points to an event being organized on Facebook to meet with Industry Minister Jim Prentice at his open house in Calgary on Saturday. If you are in Calgary, the open house runs from 1:00 to 3:00 pm on Saturday, December 8th at 1318 Centre Street NE, Suite 105. […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 93: Lex Gill on the RCMP, Clearview AI and Canada’s History of Surveillance
- My Appearance Before the Senate Committee on Transport and Communications: Why Copyright Reform Isn’t the Answer to the Challenges Faced by the News Media Sector
- Null and Void: Speaker of the House of Commons Strikes Down Numerous Bill C-10 Amendments
- Guilbeault’s Gag Order, the Sequel: Time Running Out as Government Seeks to End Debate on Bill C-10 in the House of Commons
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 92: A Conversation with Senator Paula Simons on Copyright, the Internet and the Future of Media in Canada