As I posted last March, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce plans to launch a new IP coalition that will counter the Business Coalition for Balanced Copyright with a call for stronger IP protection. The Globe is reporting that the coalition will launch on Monday. The Chamber is also featuring a […]
Archive for May 25th, 2008
Canadian Press covers the beginning of the AWS spectrum auctions that opens this week.
JD Lasica points to YouTomb, an MIT research project that tracks YouTube takedowns. The results are very interesting, with three recent takedowns requested by the National Film Board of Canada.
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”