Canadian officials were asked whether there was a timeline for completion. Officials responded that they could not confirm that the treaty would be completed by the end of 2009, noting that negotiations were delayed to start the year by a new incoming administration in the United States. The next round of negotiations will take place in May 2009 in Morocco. Officials indicated that there was no agenda for the meeting as yet.
April 6, 2009
Share this post
Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada's Approach to Copyright Term Extension
May 2, 2022
April 25, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 4, 2022
March 28, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- No Comment: Government Moves to End Debate on Online News Bill Despite a No-Show from Canadian Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez
- Is the Government Seeking to Short Circuit the Senate Review of Bill C-11?
- CRTC Chair Confirms Bill C-11 Captures User Content, Will Take Years to Implement
- Is There Anything Less Convincing than CRTC Chair Ian Scott’s Empty Assurances on Bill C-11 User Content Regulation?
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part Two: This is “Minimal Market Intervention”?!